🌵 Good visuals and the levels are very challenging, I've played the first two and made a short vid here: https://youtu.be/2xVjp85GQ5E
A downloadable Flippin Kaktus for Windows, macOS, and Linux
2 hero personalities, 2 gameplay styles,
2 immersive epochs, 2D adventure,
Flippin Kaktus is the challenging and dynamic adventure that constantly defies your reflexes and moral fiber.
You decide which path to take next time - swift and discreet or dashing and brutal. Not without consequenses.
Narrative is inspired by Breaking Bad and Narcos sagas and infamous Scarface characters!
Prickly by design
Unravel the captivating story of Kaktus through the carefully composed graphical novel. Reveal the misterious past of the Kaktus and solve cartel conspiracy.
Design and game art are influenced by mexican history, american cowboy era, drug wars, 80s action movies and of course the action movies hero legend himself - Mr. Chuck Norris!
- Kaktus is vulnerable little fella but sly and nimble. Disguise in the bushes, crates and barrels to sneak by the strong opponents and ambush when they least expect it!
- When stealth is not enough flip to the RAGE mode and unveil your mighty powers to demolish the enemies!
- Explore interactive environment to get through challenges - switches, portals, man-caves, secret passages and your favourite - detonators to make big BOOM!
- Call the amigos! Make friends along the journey and reinforce with their special abilities. When push comes to shove they will sweep your problems away!
The dark side of the Kaktus
The RAGE mode is poweruful, but it will not make you completely bulletproof. You will be faced with options to use powerups like drugs and alcohol to boost up....
Remember it comes with a cost! And overdose is a THING that will throw you down hard way opening extra horror challenges.
We recreated the most memorable tunes of two epochs to make every level unique and immersive. Get ready for mariachi, flamenco, country, glam rock, industrial, synthwave and more (dubstep)!
Follow the journey!
We'd love your support!
Please follow us on the available networks and spread the word!
Do you have juice to become the Kaktus?
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Platformer|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||2D, comic-art, Dark Humor, Funny, Music, original-soundtrack, Pixel Art, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Soundtrack|
On Windows simply run installer and follow wizard.
On Mac and Linux extract the archive and launch the game.
- GDWC game of the week!Jun 10, 2019
- Flippin KontrolsMay 30, 2019
- Flippin Kaktus is going to Digital Dragons 2019!May 18, 2019
- Flippin Kaktus is going to DevGAMM Moscow!Apr 26, 2019
- We got THE trailerMar 19, 2019
- v0.33: New hero look and Mac supportMar 16, 2019
- Discord ChannelFeb 17, 2019
- Press kitFeb 01, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Round two! I really like that the focus has shifted onto stealth, it works really well with the given mechanics! Though I definitely should have focused more on that than offense in the latter section, it was still fun to try to go in guns blazing! And the platforming challenges are definitely more well balanced than last time around!
Thanks a ton for the thorough overview!
Your focus hunch is actually impeccable.
We tried to present both sides of a no-hero in the demo and stoked it worked just right!
do you have discord or something? id be glad to help you!
The youtube channel will be ready soon, we'll share all nice letsplays.
Thanks and have some flippin fun!
Awesome start! I do think some of the instant death traps are a little hard to make out against the background, and some of the mechanics are tutorialized in areas where it's damn easy to die. But overall I did have a pretty good time with it despite my huge number of deaths...
Thanks a ton for the review and notes!
The tutorial will be done in the very end to cover all mechanics better, for now it's just a glimpse. You are right, there are few not obvious death traps, it will be reconsidered.
This demo is fun, I can't wait to see where the road will take Kaktus. :)